“1. I will never be yours and you will never be mine. Being human means you don’t belong to anyone but yourself.
2. I was so much better when I was miserable.
3. No matter how hard I try to breathe in after a bad dream, I will always feel like I’m fucking suffocating.
4. I need to stop watering dead flowers.
5. You didn’t ruin me, I ruined me.
6. Loving you was a luxury I couldn’t afford, so believe me when I say I had to let you go.
7. If I need to bleed, I’ll bruise.
8. I don’t love him, I never did. But he’s here and you aren’t.”—
“And as for romance? Well, I want that too.
I want to fall asleep next to you, 100 times a night,
so I can know you 100 times better before we hit the day light. And despite all of this,
I also want amnesia so I can relive each kiss with a perfect newness
that leaves me smashed in the arms of rapture. I want the sky to fracture under
the impossible weight of an apology because I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I want so much.
I’m sorry that I’m using “I’m sorry” as a crutch to lean on for so long
but if you sing me that song of sweet logic again then I promise to make the effort
to stand on my own. There is a reason that our hearts are more like a muscle
and less like a bone. I’ve known so many people who’ve have grown up flexing
in front of mirrors and falling for their own reflection as if that’s adequate but that’s bullshit.
Because we only get now until the time we go and if they’ve only got time to love themselves
then nobody is going to be around to hear the sound of their heartbeat echo.
So lady, don’t expect an apology when I tell you I’m only held together
by a heart that pumps blue, it’s the strongest muscle in my body and I’m flexing it for you.”—Shane Koyczan (via soulsscrawl)
“I opened my mouth wide one time to see if the words I was thinking would fall out, but they wouldn’t. If words don’t want to come out, they don’t. I don’t understand when people say things and then they say, I didn’t mean to say that. Words don’t just fall out. You have to push them out. And sometimes, you can’t push them out, even if you want to.”—Tammara Webber (via soulsscrawl)
“1. I don’t want to feel safe in other arms.
2. I don’t want to thirst after other lips.
3. I don’t want to make my smile dependent on other people.
4. I don’t want to lose myself in other eyes.
5. I don’t want to see my home in people.
6. I don’t want to reminisce.
7. I don’t want to waste my time for liars.
9. I don’t want to shed tears for others.
10. I don’t want to lay sleepless in my bed.
11. I don’t want to miss you in endless nights.
12. I don’t want to wait for calls and messages.
13. I don’t want to need somebody.
14. I don’t want to do what other people expect from me.
15. I don’t want to lose my heart again.”—Things that I don’t want - Yasmin T. (via soulsscrawl)
“Don’t hang out with people who don’t love you. Don’t try to impress people who aren’t worth it. Don’t try to win people over who aren’t worth it. Focus on yourself, and focus on the people who are really awesome and who love you. Don’t hang out with people who make you feel like shit. Don’t spend your energy on them.”—Beth Ditto (via soulsscrawl)
“I used to think I was tough, but then I realized I wasn’t. I was fragile and I wore thick fucking armor. And I hurt people so they couldn’t hurt me. And I thought that was what being tough was, but it isn’t.”—James Frey (via soulsscrawl)
“I want to throw you against a wall, wrap your legs around my waist and kiss you. Kiss you until we have to stop to catch our breaths. I want you and only you. I want to take you on road trips that lead us to pulling over on the side of the road because we can’t keep our hands off each other. I want you and your flaws. I want your messy makeup from teary eyes as I hold you and talk to you about life. I want the 3am phone calls because you can’t sleep at night. I want to be yours and only yours. I want to taste all your cooking, even if it’s not good, even if it’s experimenting I’d have you cook every meal for the rest of my life. I want you. I want my trembling hands to grab your waist and dance with you in the middle of an empty room. I want to struggle on days when I can’t see you. I want to fight about meaningless stuff that will lead to meaningful sex. I want you. I want your hand to rest on my forearm as we enter a party, so I can reassure you that you are safe with me. I want to sing to you in the shower and have you shut me up with kisses because we both know I’m no singer. I want the ups and downs, the winter and summer days. I want you and only you.”—(via soulsscrawl)
“You have this one life. How do you wanna spend it? Apologizing? Regretting? Questioning? Hating yourself? Dieting? Running after people who don’t see you? Be brave. Believe in yourself. Do what feels good. Take risks. You have this one life. Make yourself proud.”—(via soulsscrawl)
“Don’t start your day with the broken pieces of yesterday. Every day is a fresh start. Each day is a new beginning. Every morning we wake up is the first day of the rest of our life.”—30 Truths I’ve Learned in 30 Years (via soulsscrawl)