"People need other people to feel things for them,” she said. “It gets lonely to feel things all by yourself."
"1. I will never be yours and you will never be mine. Being human means you don’t belong to anyone but yourself.
2. I was so much better when I was miserable.
3. No matter how hard I try to breathe in after a bad dream, I will always feel like I’m fucking suffocating.
4. I need to stop watering dead flowers.
5. You didn’t ruin me, I ruined me.
6. Loving you was a luxury I couldn’t afford, so believe me when I say I had to let you go.
7. If I need to bleed, I’ll bruise.
8. I don’t love him, I never did. But he’s here and you aren’t."
Things I should have learnt by now.(via soulsscrawl)
"And as for romance? Well, I want that too.
I want to fall asleep next to you, 100 times a night,
so I can know you 100 times better before we hit the day light. And despite all of this,
I also want amnesia so I can relive each kiss with a perfect newness
that leaves me smashed in the arms of rapture. I want the sky to fracture under
the impossible weight of an apology because I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I want so much.
I’m sorry that I’m using “I’m sorry” as a crutch to lean on for so long
but if you sing me that song of sweet logic again then I promise to make the effort
to stand on my own. There is a reason that our hearts are more like a muscle
and less like a bone. I’ve known so many people who’ve have grown up flexing
in front of mirrors and falling for their own reflection as if that’s adequate but that’s bullshit.
Because we only get now until the time we go and if they’ve only got time to love themselves
then nobody is going to be around to hear the sound of their heartbeat echo.
So lady, don’t expect an apology when I tell you I’m only held together
by a heart that pumps blue, it’s the strongest muscle in my body and I’m flexing it for you."
"I opened my mouth wide one time to see if the words I was thinking would fall out, but they wouldn’t. If words don’t want to come out, they don’t. I don’t understand when people say things and then they say, I didn’t mean to say that. Words don’t just fall out. You have to push them out. And sometimes, you can’t push them out, even if you want to."
"Your definition of forever was a lot shorter than mine."
"1. I don’t want to feel safe in other arms.
2. I don’t want to thirst after other lips.
3. I don’t want to make my smile dependent on other people.
4. I don’t want to lose myself in other eyes.
5. I don’t want to see my home in people.
6. I don’t want to reminisce.
7. I don’t want to waste my time for liars.
9. I don’t want to shed tears for others.
10. I don’t want to lay sleepless in my bed.
11. I don’t want to miss you in endless nights.
12. I don’t want to wait for calls and messages.
13. I don’t want to need somebody.
14. I don’t want to do what other people expect from me.
15. I don’t want to lose my heart again."
"You’re the one who break me in pieces. So I need to be alone. But if I’m without you, my bones also break, as if they would know that I need you."
"I hope you find someone you can’t live without. I really do. And I hope you never have to know what it’s like to have to try and live without them."
"And then my “Please don’t leave” turned into a “Please come back”, and that’s all I have left of us."
"I’ve been through alot, I deserve a lot."
"Never chase anyone. A person who appreciates you will walk with you."